Friday, July 27, 2012

Medical Procedures on the Waterfront - July 20

It was an exciting day today – it was the day was I was suppose to get my stitches out.  We drove to Halifax and stayed at the campsite for a while to do laundry and check out the Shubie Beach.  The kids liked the chance to play in the water.
Finally, it was time to go to Halifax.  We decided to take the ferry to make it easier to find parking and not worry about taking the toll bridge to Halifax.  The ferry was fun!  We went to the top of the ferry and got our first glimpse of the tall ships in the Halifax harbour.

When we arrived in Halifax, we met Tara and Evan.  They are friends of my sisters who moved here a few years ago.  They suggested we come across to watch a movie on the waterfront.  It was so much fun.  They brought hot chocolate, snacks and blankets!  We watched Pirates of the Caribbean surrounded by tall ships and pirates!

After the movie, we went to a well lit spot and Tara expertly removed my 2 stitches.  Gotta love medical care in such sterile surroundings!  LOL. 

My foot is getting much better.   It still swells if I do too much but it’s much better.  At least I have been able to do everything we have wanted to do – climbing stairs, walking waterfronts – not letting a small thing like a broken foot get in the way of my holiday!  THANKS TARA!

No comments:

Post a Comment