Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Top Ten for Me!

10. Crystal Lake campground. Quiet peaceful. Just a nice night.

9.  Science North in Sudbury. A definate stop for anyone with kids. Worth the admission.

8. Signal Hill. We wouldn't be where we are had this not happened.

7. Confederation Bridge. A marvel of human ability

6. Avonlea. A childhood dream come true

5. Cape Bonavista's puffins. We made it!!!

4. Being near the water. I know we lucked out and it was lovely and warm near the water which is not
always the case but I loved the quiet calm of the reflective lakes and even the powerful white caps on
the ocean.

3. Bay of Fundy. A marvel of nature. A reminder of how quickly things can change. To enjoy the moment....

2. Feeling of contentment at Peggy's cove.  I can't describe it - you will just have to go and experience it yourself!

1.  The people. At the Quebec KOA; everyone who gave us directions, those who backed in my trailer at times, those who helped me get ready to go, those who supported me, gave me advice and those who came to my rescue.

But, really it was all do-able because of the trailer.  With all the moving we did instead of camping it was more my moving hotel room!  And, having a trailer rather than a tent trailer even made it SO much easier.  The set up was easy - yes even with my broken foot I was able to do a lot of the set up.  The cooking was easy - whether it was grabbing a sandwich as we filled up with gas or getting supper on the table after pulling into the campsite at 9 at night it was not overwhelming. And, the storage was great - no worrying about how much we bought or how many rocks the kids brought from the beach it all fit in the trailer!

And, yes, even with all the issues we had this year I'm not selling!  This is just the start of our great adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment