Sunday, August 11, 2013

Off to the Big City

We debated staying in San Deigo another day - there is so much to see and enjoy here. But, I think I would like to come back again and plan to stay for longer than just a day.  It seems everything I think I have checked something off the list it doesn't get fully checked off, just partially - the big touristy things get done but then the checking out of the town still remains to be done!

After closing up the trailer and hitching up, we were off to the big city of LA.....  Traffic here is quite a bit heavier than I am used to but even then most drivers are OK.  Not saying that there aren't drivers who are crazy - they go so fast but they are used to it.  I am not.  But, they are pretty good about slowing down and letting you in and going around you. I know they see out of country plates, a truck and trailer and go TOURIST..... Oh well I have that in my favour.  I'm OK with that.  I did pretty good for the most part.  I only messed up once and wasn't able to get into my lane for my turnoff soon enough so I just waited for a chance and just booted it. 

My sister-in-law's friend offered to park the truck and trailer in front of their house so we can stay with her - the road to her house is too narrow for us.  We pulled up and it was nice to be at a home base for a bit...  A weekend off to do laundry; hang by her pool; go to the local farmer's market,; have a BBQ.  It was lovely to sleep and hang out!



No comments:

Post a Comment